Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

The very first year that I was a mother I was so excited for Mother's Day. I just knew that my wonderful husband would sense my excitement and I couldn't wait for breakfast in bed, a cute homemade craft that my little 7 month old would make with her daddy to suprise me, and some bling that my husband would lovingly give me for being the most awesome mother of his children. I woke up and I waited. . . .

And waited . . . .

And waited . . . .

Then I thought, the bling was over the top and breakfast in bed is messy, maybe just a cute crafty card and a Happy Mother's Day . .
I kept waiting . . .
Hello?? . . .
Finally, at the close of the day, I asked Jon why he didn't recognize that it was Mother's Day. He looked straight at me and said, "Oh crap, I forgot to call my mom to tell her Happy Mother's Day!"
'Nough said. This year I planned my own Mother's Day. I set the day to have Logan blessed. He looked like such a cute little peddler!! I love being a mom. My two little ones are more than I could have ever asked for. Having Logan blessed on Mother's Day was so special. He is such a sweet boy who smiles at his imperfect mom like I can do no wrong. Mollee is my little shadow. She always cheers me up when I've had a rough day and can find the happy things in the rainstorms.
I have a huge struggle getting my little ones here. Pregnancy is a bear for me and c-sections are difficult to recover from, but it makes me appreciate motherhood that much more. Outside my window at work sits a mother duck on a nest of eggs. As I watch her, I realize that mothers are outstanding and selfless. She shifts her weight uncomfortably, battles rainy weather and cold temperatures, and confidently stares down threats to her nest all because she too, desires to become a mother.



2 comments:

  1. awwww what an awesome post. I love you, Happy Mother's day!

    Maybe bling next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I LOVE Mollee's dress...I almost bought that for Zoey and now I am kicking myself.

    ReplyDelete