Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hee Haw Halloween


















































































































































This year Aimee and I decided to take the kids to Hee Haw Farms for Halloween. Of course the kids fell asleep on the 10 minute ride from our house to Pleasant Grove, but didn't stay asleep long once we told them about pony rides, slides, and corn mazes. Mollee's first pony ride was in a steel drum cut out to look like a pony. It was actually a train attached to a tractor. She liked it but when they brought out the REAL ponies, she got really excited.

After riding the pony, it was time to go extreme. There was a 20 foot slide and a hay jump. The slide was fun and the kids went down it at least 10 times. You had to stay to the right, or there was a nasty bump you would hit at the bottom. Mollee suprised me by doing the hay jump with me. We jumped off a bail of hay stacked at least 6 feet high. Pretty impressive for a 5 year old.

Next it was on to the corn pit where the kids buried themselves and other kids too. Logan tried to eat the corn, but after we told him no he realized that throwing it was just as fun.

We went through a blow-up haunted house for kids and then went off to the corn maze. Aimee and I figured that the maze was for kids and wouldn't take too long to go through. After an hour in the stupid thing, we realized it was a full blown maze and we had no idea how to get out. Luckily, we could see a large tree that was at the entrance and worked our way back. While being lost, I taught the kids how to shuck corn. Logan tried to eat that corn too.
After finally getting out, we wanted to take a hay ride and pick out pumpkins from the patch behind the corn maze. It was getting dark so it was the last ride out to the pumpkin patch. Aimee, the kids and I were the only ones to get off. The guy gave us a flashlight and said he would be back. We managed to find our way to the pumpkins using the flashlight. We found a few that were ok, but felt obligated to get some, since the guy let us go out there in the dark.

We decided once we got back, that we really didn't want them so we ditched them and headed back to the slide for a few more runs. Of course, our family trip wouldn't be complete unless I lost something. My keys. Luckily I knew just where I had left them. I checked a gift shop close by and someone had turned them in. I think Aimee hates how lucky I am sometimes.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. I think we will be going back again next year.

Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment